Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready for Spring

I'm ready for Spring. Nuff said.

Molly romping in the snow

I'd like to see a thaw so I could put in a fence for my dogs. I left my big dog outside today while I was at work just to see how she'd do. Molly has a nice insulated dog house that is carpeted and full of hay to keep her warm. I guess she thought she'd part-tay while I was at work, because when I got home she had chewed up my live extension cord, don't know how she avoided any live wires. There were also 2 crushed beer cans and an empty brandy bottle in my yard. And I thought the frozen horse turds she hauls in from the pasture were bad enough!  Silly girl. Wonder what sort of trouble she'll get into tomorrow.
Molly's Dog House- the Party Place


Salt block for the horses

I haven't been doing too much with all the below zero weather and since I keep my house at 60 degrees I need to keep warm. So I've been finishing some crocheting projects that have been in the works- some of them for years. The faster I crochet, the more of my legs get covered, the warmer I am! And of course the cats have to be in the middle of everything. Melon decided she likes to be on my lap under the afghans or in my bag with the yarn.

Melon hiding in my crochet bag



Afghan for Wade and Jessica

Afghan for Colin & Mai
Afghan that's been in process for a couple of years. Finally done.

Sometimes Melon decides when I should change colors by chewing through the yarn I'm working on.
I have another that's for me that I haven't taken pictures of yet that's all done in a basket weave pattern. It's large, heavy, and very warm. And another in the works. When summer comes I'll have to go back to crocheting stuffed toys again.

And finally- a picture of a Valentine from my 80 Acres to all my friends!

Happy Valentine's Day from all of us on the 80 Acres!

1 comment: