Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today I had the responsibility of getting g-son #2 to pre-school. Did that OK and was waiting outside for it to get over when I got a call from his teacher. It was out at 11am, not 11:30am I was just outside the door when she called so I wasn't more than 5 minutes late, but I felt bad about that. I encroached on the teacher's lunch time.

We got home, ate lunch, and went for a walk around the pasture checking fence. Had to replace 7 staples. I asked g-son #2 to remember 7 and he repeated the number the whole way around the fence! And then if I was more than 4 feet ahead of him he kept saying, "Slow down Nana, I'm too young to get lost!"

When the big kids' school was out their dad brought them over and they played on the hay bales- big round ones- and the boys fought over the little red wagon. G-daughter #1 got the old horse Keila out and saddled her up and went for a nice ride while I was digging post holes for the new hitching post. I'll have to buy 1 more post and then I can finish it off tomorrow. Cooked and ate supper and now to get the kids through the shower and find places for them to sleep. Its a school night so I may have a struggle getting them settled for bed. Nana's world is full of fun for the g-kids.

I noticed my cinch strap is missing for the saddle I have for the g-kids. Have to get one so 2 of us can ride at a time. Keila the 21 year old horse didn't even raise a sweat while g-daughter #1 was riding her, but Royal, Keila's daughter, raised a nice one running up and down the fence line all worried about her mum. It was good for her!

I can see I'm going to have to fence another small pasture for the girls as the one they're in needs some rest to grow a little grass. So it looks like I have my exercise cut out for me for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment