Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trail ride!

What a wonderful sunshiny day it is!  Rode my horse for an hour around and about. A very rude person with a horrid sounding horn had to get alongside us and honk. My horse had been well trained and she didn't react. I'm sure a younger green horse would have had problems, but my horse has been around and has always brought me back safely whether riding or driving. I can't imagine trying to harm a person by doing that. My g-daughter rides that trail and her horse is young, I do hope she never meets that rude person.

My neighbor is disking my hay field getting it ready for a new crop- I'll get my hay off another field this year. But there are a lot of pseudo-seagulls around right now. We usually see them in parking lots and on the roof of  the mall, but not out here by the lake and fields. I hope they eat the wood and deer ticks! The big tractor was coming right at us as we were going by, but Royal showed no fear. I plan on having her around for a long, long time! I have a POA gelding my daughter is training for me for the g-kids, but I hope to have him driving too. My horses are my 4-legged therapists and friends. I can't imagine life without them.

While I was gone for the ride I put Monty the dog in the outside kennel. She is so small she squeezed out by the hinges of the gate. I'm going to have to find a better way of containing her. She's like the pigs- if it doesn't hold water, it won't hold them!

Off to supper now- I ground some wheat and made a loaf of bread with dried cranberries. My oven is broken so I used my bread machine. It isn't cooking my bread all the way through so while it was warm it did a minute in the microwave. Could of had 2 minutes. It does make good toast with honey on it! The cranberries were the best! Ummm toast for supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment