Friday, May 28, 2010

Disappointment

My daughter, The Girl, was supposed to fly home with 'the kid' on standby yesterday. The flights to Minneapolis from Salt Lake City were full and they weren't able to get here. Evidently her suitcase made the flight. I'm disappointed I don't get to see them. I couldn't get ahold of anyone to find out if she was on the flight or not so I went to the airport anyway. She wasn't there. Disappointment.  I went to Home Depot and bought a Weeping Willow tree since that's my favorite tree. (It was the only Weeping Willow and looks really sad. I hope it lives.) Got home and checked my bank account and saw that they charged me double. Disappointment. Another trip to town to get that straightened out.

On the happier side, I got hired and will start my new job on June 2nd. The Girl is hoping to fly home for July 4th. And so far the deer haven't eaten my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment