Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day revisited

Just read my daughter's blog and have to relay the poems her son Ferb came home with. He had a can of dirt decorated with floral fabric that he handed her with 2 poems:

I planted some seeds in hopes they'd grow.
Something went wrong. I just didn't know.
Instead of some flowers, it's a cupful of dirt.
I love you! I hope your feelings aren't hurt!

I'm your little flower, Mom.
Please help me grow and bloom:
Take the weeds but leave the roots
And give me lots of room.
Mom, you are my gardener,
My sunshine and my rain.
Too much will make me wither.
With enough I'll bloom again.
I'm your little flower, Mom.
I'm different from the rest:
Don't pick me, Mom, just help me grow
To be my very best.
 
That's one of the fun things about being a young mother- the neat presents the kids make for you.

I picked up the phone to give my daughter a call to see if she was feeling any better today. Yesterday on Mother's Day she got sick and today is still that way. She says one good thing about being sick is that she's just about finished her book. Well, when I picked up the house phone I realized there was a message waiting I hadn't listened to. It was from my missionary daughter in Florida.

Bea said, "Hola, mama, Happy Mother's Day! I'll call you on your cell phone, I'll be home in 5 months, don't keep this message forever, that's what the card is for!" She knows me pretty well. I deleted the message, but I should have listened to it a few more times! She sent me a card on which she recorded a Mother's Day message in Spanish first, then in English. After her message a canned message played saying, 'I bet you're the only mother on the block who got a card like this, this is what is called a keepsake! Whenever people come over you'll show it to your friends and say, 'My Child gave me This.'  That card is for sure a keeper! So I can listen to it whenever I want to hear Bea's voice and relive a great Mother's Day!

I can't forget all my other kids though- I got cards, calls, emails, text messages, and  Facebook messages. They all remembered me!

No comments:

Post a Comment