Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mustard or ketchup?

Two Wednesdays a month my daughter has meeting for the other 3 kids and herself at church- cub scouts, etc.- that Phineas just doesn't care to attend. So he comes over here to bring a chuckle to my day. Today I've been wiped out all day so all I've wanted to do is keep my nose in a book. When the weather gets over 72 degrees I melt. Well, Phineas & I stayed in front of the fan and watched Horton Hears a Who for the umpteenth time. He snuggles on my lap until I tell him to switch legs because that one is falling asleep. He thinks that's hilarious.

When the movie was over it was tubbie time. I got one of those soft scrubbie things on a stick for him since last time he said I scratched his back with my scratchie scrubbie thing (I don't like sharing those anyway.) I scrubbed him up and rinsed him and then he had fun making more bubbles all over himself again. Such a character. Then it was time to get dried off and in pj's and get a clean dressing on his foot. He had cut his foot going outside a while back, barefoot- 10 stitches. The stitches were out today! Got the foot dried and went to put bacitracin on the bandage to cover the wound and Phineas called it 'mustard'. I told him I was real glad I didn't have to put ketchup on it! And that brought on more giggles.

I am so fortunate to get the happy and pleasing side of Phineas when he's here. His poor mom gets the meltdowns and tantrums that come with his attachment disorder. I wish I could bottle his happy giggles and the cuddles so she could open it up and sample some on those tough days they share.

Next time he's here we both may do some painting together unless another kid beats him to the paintbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment